Staying at the basses rivieres
a classical interior with modern comfort.
Guests can stay in the former Maison du Vigneron, facing west with beautiful views of the French gardens and the manor house.
With an area of approximately 150sqm (1,615 sqft), the house offers three suites/bedrooms which can be booked independently (2 guests per suite) or in its entirety (6 guests).
The suite « Boisdenier » is located on the ground floor of the Maison du Vigneron with direct access to the terrace. The suite is named after a former owner of the manor, Mr. Taboureau de Boisdenier, contractor of the King’s Works in 1765.
With a surface area of 40m2 (431sqft), it consists of three rooms: an air-conditioned bedroom of 20m2 (215 sqft) with a large canopy bed (180x200cm / Super King), a marble and wood-paneled bathroom with a walk-in shower, and a library with a wide selection of books.
The bedroom is entirely wood-paneled with an ensuite bathroom and dressing area. An 18th-century tapestry from the Royal Manufacture of Soho depicting Alexander and Diogenes serves as a backdrop to the bed with a linen canopy. A beautiful Louis XV period chest of drawers and a Louis XVI period « semainier » surmounted with terracotta and bronze sculptures complete the furnishing.
The library room in red Toile de Jouy from the Burger manufacture has a daybed and a Louis XVI period secretary. Equipped with a large library with numerous books on art, travel or famous authors, this room is ideal for relaxing after a long day.
king size bed
Marble and wood-panelled
The suite « Doisonville », named after the Marchioness who lived in the manor in the 18th century, is located on the first floor of the Maison du Vigneron with a beautiful view of the garden and the Manor, and also, from the bathroom, of the Loire River.
The 42m2 (452 sqft) suite includes an air-conditioned bedroom of 30m2 (323 sqft) with a large canopy bed (180x200cm / Super King), a large dressing room and a spacious ensuite marble and wood-paneled bathroom with a bathtub and walk-in shower.
The bedroom is decorated with green Nantes canvas from Lelièvre, giving it an elegant character. In addition to the two upholstered benches and Louis XVI armchairs, the furniture includes a large Louis XVI period secretary, two 18th-century Swedish bedside tables, a beautiful Louis XV period marquetry chest of drawers from Lyon and four 17th-century wooden medallions representing ancient philosophers. A Louis XVI bergère chair in the dressing room is ideal for reading. In the bathroom, a Louis XVI barber’s cupboard serves as a side table.
king size bed
MARBLE AND WOOD PANELED
The room « Espelosin » is located on the first floor of the Maison du Vigneron and is named after the family who owned the manor in the late 19th century until the death of the sculptor and antique dealer Édouard d’Espelosin in 1944, who left the estate to the City of Tours.
The room overlooks the manor and its garden. With a surface area of 18m2 (194 sqft), the room is air-conditioned and includes two twin single beds (90x200cm each). Entirely upholstered in Bengali fabric from Braquenié, this room has a wardrobe and a large chest of drawers from the Restoration period. The ensuite bathroom in marble has wood-paneling and features a spacious walk-in shower.
Marble and wood paneled
- Rate includes the suite, breakfast, housekeeping service, access to the « Jardin Remarquable » and in season, to the pool/poolhouse. Tourist tax not included
- Complimentary water, coffee, tea and herbal tea in the room (except Espélosin suite) and in the kitchen
- Available upon reservation at no extra cost: two bicycles, a fitness kit and an iPad (television)
Other information for your stay
- Check-in from 4pm and check-out before 11am
- Private car park in front of the property. Access through the garden gate
- No smoking or vaping in the house
- Children’s bed not available
- Pets not allowed
- No photography or filming (professional)
Elegantly decorated with 18th-century furniture and art objects
High-quality bedding with firm mattresses
Duvets, pillows and bed linen (cotton satin) from Garnier Thiebaut
Minibar with water bottles
Nespresso machine and electric kettle with a selection of coffee, tea and herbal tea (except in the Espélosin suite)
Marshall Emberton Bluetooth speaker
Luggage rack, safe, umbrellas and mosquito repellent plug
Pool bag with towels
Available upon reservation:
– iPad for watching television
– Fitness kit (skipping rope, bands, abdominal wheel and mat)
– Two bicycles with locks
– Garment steamer
– Washing machine
- Marble and wood-paneled bathroom
- Bath linen from Garnier Thiebaut
- Soap, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, moisturizing lotion (1971 Collection / Mandarin and Clary Sage) and mouthwash from Molton Brown
- Vanity set
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Professional hairdryer
- Electric towel dryer
Breakfast & Snacks
- Breakfast served in the dining room or on the terrace in season
- Self-service in the kitchen throughout the day
– Complimentary : coffee maker with whole bean coffee, tea and herbal tea
– À la carte: other beverages and snacks
Pool and poolhouse – Upper garden
(seasonal from mid-April to mid-October)
- Heated swimming pool of 3x8m (9.8 x 26.2 ft). Depth of 1.35m (4.4ft)
- Six sunbeds with mattresses and two umbrellas
- Towels provided (in the room)
- Not accessible during the opening hours of the Jardin Remarquable for several days in July, August and September from Monday to Thursday from 10am to 4pm and the two weekends of the annual events « Rendez-vous aux Jardins » and « Journées Européennes du Patrimoine » respectively in June and September (see Practical information section for details)